There is slight difference between echo and print. But both are used to print line of code to the browser.
There are two main difference between echo and print:-
- echo does not return any value while print returns true or false on successful print.
- echo is faster than print.
- print can be used in expressions, where echo cannot.
- Language constuct and behaves like statement. It won't return value.
- echo takes multiple parameter seperated by commas.
- Faster than print.
- Language construct and behaves like function. It return true / false.
- print is part of precedence table.
- print take only one parameter.
- Echo works faster than print().
- Echo and print are language construct.
- Print behaves as a function and it returns an integer value.
- Echo does not returns any values.
- Echo is not suitable for conditional construct
- Print is suitable for conditional construct.
- Print process is slower than echo